- Budget Committee: Meets once or twice towards the end of each academic year to develop a proposed budget for the following school year.
- Fundraising Committee: Organize various fundraising options to help support the efforts of Parent Council. One primary and popular way to do this is through the monthly Dine to Donate events with local restaurants.
- Grounds Committee: Help maintain the outdoor space at Allen to make kids proud to be Allen Eagles.
- Hospitality Committee: Coordinate refreshments for teacher luncheons, staff appreciation events, special guests, assembly participants, meet and greet events, kindergarten roundups, open houses, graduation day, staff gifts, and any other special events hosted by the school.
- Outdoor Classroom Committee: Help our students and teachers utilize the outdoor classroom space that was created by several dedicated Allen parents who wrote grants, built the raised garden beds, and have helped maintain the space for an outdoor learning experience that can be used for all subjects of education.
- Scrip: Earn money to support Allen Elementary by doing your regular grocery shopping.
- Science Olympiad (WESO): While not exactly a Parent Council event, we do support this annual activity and help find volunteers who can either fill the critical role of Lead Coach for Allen or support the grade level activities. Visit https://wesoscience.org for more information about WESO.
- Spirit Wear: Coordinate with a local or online company to create a spirit wear store that the Allen community can order from once or twice a year.
- Yearbook: Compile candid and portrait photos into a memory book. Books are available to purchase during the designated window.
Special Allen PC Board Roles
- PTOC Rep: Every public school in Ann Arbor is encouraged to have one representative in AAPS PTO Council which is the umbrella organization of all AAPS PTOs. They have one meeting every month. The PTOC representative attends meetings and report back to the Allen community. Visit https://www.a2schools.org/ptoc for more information about the PTOC.
- PTO Thrift Shop Rep: Be the contact for the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop to report promotions and collect associated income for Allen. Visit www.a2ptothriftshop.org for more information on the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop.
- Allen Kids Act! - School Play Committee: Love theater or does your child. Help support our parent volunteer run school play. http://allenkidsact.weebly.com/.
- Communications Committee: Help support the communications efforts of Parent Council through website management, copying and distributing material for backpack mail, newsletter editing, directory compilation and printing
- Green School Initiative Committee: Help Allen Eagles reduce our carbon footprint by organizing green school activities throughout the year.