2018 - 2019 Events
September / October:
September / October:
- Allen Go Green for 2018 Initiative Launch:
- Fun Run: Allen's primary fund raiser with monies used to enrich students learning by funding field trips, assemblies, teacher grants, playground equipment, classroom enrichment and more. If each student pledges $50, we will reach our goal and be able to confidently continue supporting all Allen students.
- Airtime Trampoline: Come and Jump with the Allen community for a fun fundraising event! Jump for 2 hours for $14 with $5 per jumper going back to the Allen! September 21, 2018
- Trunk or Treat: This is an opportunity for the kids to get dressed up in their costumes, hang out with their school friends, and have fun together! Join us in decorating the trunk of your car and hand out candy or trinkets, play themed games, dance to some fun music, and play on the playground. October 27th, 2018.
- Allen Goes Green for 2018 America Recycle Day: November 15th, 2018.
- Barnes & Noble Book Fair: The Barnes & Noble fair in December helps us earn funds to keep our school library collection current and encourage all students to enjoy reading.
- Recycle Challenge: Back from break go green recycle challenge
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Service Event: Join us in having a positive affect on others beyond our Allen community by participating in a family service event on your day off. Event details to come. January 21, 2019
- Airtime Trampoline: Come and Jump with the Allen community for a fun fundraising event! Jump for 2 hours for $14 with $5 per jumper going back to the Allen! January 25, 2019
- Family Fun Night: A heart healthy dance party for the whole family. Join us in getting our bodies moving with energetic music, fun dance challenges, and laughter with friends. Concessions will be available for purchase.
- School Play: 2018-2019 School Play details TBA. Take a look at our 2017-2018 musical that our 1st-5th graders had the opportunity to participate in a Broadway-style musical production right here at our own school – School House Rock, Jr., LIVE! Students experienced the entire process: auditions, rehearsals, and the excitement of production week; wrapping up with performances in front of audiences full of friends, families, neighbors and the community-at-large. Https://www.allenkidsact.weebly.com
- Book Fair: Allen Library book fair happens during the reading month of March and funds earned go directly to our school librarian who keeps our collection current and encourages all students to enjoy reading. March 18-22, 2019
- Multicultural Night: Allen School is privileged to be one of the most culturally diverse elementary schools in Ann Arbor. We have population representing over 100 countries. We celebrate this diversity with a multicultural potluck every year. This is a great opportunity for Allen families to mingle and taste cuisines from around the world. To top it all off, there are multicultural performances by various local artists. It is one of the most-popular and anticipated events of the school year! March 20, 2019
- Disability Awareness Workshop: This educational and informative program is supported by AAPS and offers 4th graders the opportunity to experience some of the challenges faced by individuals with disabilities. Details are available at https://sites.google.com/site/aapsdaw/.
- Airtime Trampoline: Come and Jump with the Allen community for a fun fundraising event! Jump for 2 hours for $14 with $5 per jumper going back to the Allen! April 19, 2018
- Earth Day Celebration: Allen is going Green for 2018! We are doing a variety of green initiatives with the hope of receiving the Michigan Green School certification. Celebrating Earth Day including a whole school ZERO WASTE lunch day (Monday April 22, 2019) is one of our many green school activities. Please join us in this fun educational celebration.
- Revel & Roll Fundraiser: Join us in having some fun on a day off from school at the Revel & Roll bowling ally and arcade in Ann Arbor. We will be selling 1 hour unlimited game cards (no points are added to these cards for the gift shop) for $10 which is a great deal and $5 goes back to Allen! Allen Parent Council will also receive 20% back on any food purchases. Bonus on Tuesday's their kids meals are half off so we have booked our event for May 7th, 2019!
- Science Olympiad: A county-wide event for 2nd-5th grade students. It is usually held on a weekend in May at Pioneer High School. The students may select up to three events or more, if they can manage, out of 15-18 events available to them, or express interest in a new topic (subject to availability of coach). From February to May these students work with a coach learning and polishing their skills in after-school hours or on the weekends (subject to coach availability). This year the Science Olympiad will be held on May 12, 2018 at Pioneer High School. Event chairs: Anthony Gugino. (Allen Science Olympiad Committee members provide following support: coach a topic, arrange volunteers for clean up after coaching sessions, organize team t-shirts, create Allen science olympiad banner, organize Raffle basket of at least $100 face value, verify parent volunteers, prepare name tags as per WESO directions, organize Science Olympiad potluck, provide other necessary help to coaches or to the Committee)
- Country Fair: Celebrate the end of the year with games, food, and activities ... all on the Allen campus. June 7, 2019
- Movie Nights: These can be very fun and the kids love them, but due to lack of parent participation in running the movie nights and lack of parental responsibility during the events over the past few years we have received many complaints that we have decided to withhold movie nights for the 2018-2019 school year with the hope of bringing them back next year. Movie nights are held in the Allen Great Room on select Fridays during the fall and/or winter, these events offer a chance for families to enjoy a FREE movie. Concessions are available for purchase. Proceeds support the efforts of the Allen Parent Council.
- Grade Level Fun Nights: $50 per year is available to each grade level to host a Fun Night. Fun Nights are arranged and chaperoned by parents - be creative! Some ideas: Sledding & hot cocoa, Game night, Ice Cream Sundae creations, Lego night, Crafting night, Paper Airplane creations, Slip N' Slide at the playground, Etc...
- Restaurant Nights: Work with local restaurants to book a night where a percentage of proceeds from sales come back to Allen Parent Council.