Read on for information about our various committees, then click the "Get Involved" tab above to complete a Volunteer Interest Form.
- Budget Committee: Meets once or twice towards the end of each academic year to develop a proposed budget for the following school year.
- Communications Committee: Help support the communications efforts of Parent Council through website management, copying and distributing material for backpack mail, newsletter editing, directory compilation and printing
- Fundraising Committee: Brainstorm various fundraising options to help support the efforts of Parent Council.
- Grounds Committee: Help with planting, sowing, mulching, weeding, pruning, clearing, watering, maintaining the landscape, recruit parent volunteers for spring and fall cleanup and other various tasks, volunteer to help with various tasks, organize events to involve children and families, publicity (flyers, emails, posters)
- Hospitality Committee: Coordinate refreshments for teacher luncheons, staff appreciation events, special guests, assembly participants, meet and greet events, kindergarten roundups, open houses, graduation day, staff gifts, and any other special events hosted by the school. Committee chair for 2017 - 2018 is Mimi Higgins.
- PTOC: Every public school in Ann Arbor is encouraged to have one representative in AAPS PTO Council which is the umbrella organization of all AAPS PTOs. They have one meeting every month in the evening at AAPS Balas Administration Building on State St. As PTOC representatives attend meetings and report back to the Allen community. Visit https://www.a2schools.org/ptoc for more information about the PTOC. Committee chair for 2017 - 2018 is Adrian Dantzer.
- Scrip: Earn money to support Allen Elementary by doing your regular grocery shopping. Committee chair for 2017 - 2018 is Michele Barkoot / Elizabeth Peters.
- Spirit Wear: Coordinate with a local company or online company to create a spirit wear store that the Allen community can order from once or twice a year. Committee chair for 2017 - 2018 is Noureen Vaid.
- Yearbook: Compile candid and portrait photos into a memory book. Books are available to purchase during the designated window for $13. Committee chair for 2017 - 2018 is April Mulkey.